بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
I took a walk to the mall shop for shopping groceries yesterday. In addition, I also went to the accessories store to buy hair band. There I found a hair band that was sweet, but the price is too expensive. And suddenly, I found the idea to make my own using leftover scraps of fabric that I used to make a dress. Here is the result… my simple and chic hair band.
Here’s how to make it :
- You need 55 cm x 8 cm satin fabric for the band, 55cm x 10 cm and 8 cm x 10 cm satin fabric to make the ribbon. You also need a 18 cm – elastic.
- Fold lengthwise satin fabric that measures 55 x 8 cm. Sew along the sides and leave the ends open.
- Reverse the fabric through the open end. The result will appear as follows :
- By using a pin, insert the elastic to end of the fabric through to the other end.
- sew the elastic and gather the two ends of the fabric.
- For fabric that measures 55 cm x 10 cm, fold and stitch length, but leaving some to reverse the cloth. Sew the fabric ends at an angle, and then turning the fabric.
- For fabric that measures 8 cm x 10 cm, fold and stitch length, sewing fabric around it, but leaving some to reverse. This fabric will be used to tie ribbons.
- fold the ribbon as shown, and tie with a fabric that has been sewn before
- Sew the back of the small fabric.
- Gather the band and the ribbon
Taraaa… its done!!! Beautiful, isn’t it?
Happy sewing you all